MEET ITHACAMED’S STAFF BEHIND THE SCENES
Thupten has been with IthacaMed since 2002.
The office is fully computerized, complete with electronic medical records. Running a medical office these days requires a lot of work. We have the highest standards in the way we maintain our patients charts and keep them up to date. Thupten was born in Tibet and escaped at the age of 14 years in a harrowing 6 week journey.
He studied at the Tibetan School of Buddhist dialectics in Dharamsala, taking his vows to become a monk. He arrived in Ithaca and began as an assistant to the abbot at Namgual monastery.
His family in Tibet became unemployed and he made the difficult decision to disrobe so he could provide them economic aid by working at 2 full time positions. In 2004 Thupten became a naturalized American citizen.
Heather McFall, Medical Office Administrative Coordinator; Ext. 12 firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather is our Medical Office Administrative Coordinator.
Heather plans for furthering her education to pursue her career in the Health Care Administrative field. We are certain she will gain the knowledge needed to prepare her for the future.
She is always great company and we are confident that you will enjoy her cheerful attitude.
Cayla Thompson, Medical Office Receptionist:
On her free time Cayla can be found chasing around her two little boys. She plans to pursue a career in Medical Assisting.
Jeni Dennis, Medical Office Receptionist
Jeni started in the practice in June of 2017. Jeni is an Ithaca native who enjoys hiking the gorges and crafting with her daughter.
The front desk staff are available to take your call Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-4:30 PM. The front desk staff is in charge of scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out and routing incoming calls. As well as answer your emails and telephone calls, they assist in setting up investigations and visits needed to an outside specialist. For prompt service we suggest that all correspondence be sent via our web portal. If you have any questions or concerns, the receptionist are at your service and ready to help you. You may send an email to email@example.com We ask that you please arrive a few minutes early to ensure that we have ample time to collect any information we may not have on file if you have not completed your profile online.When you call to schedule an appointment, it is helpful to give the receptionist the following information:
- The type of visit you want.
- Whether or not you are sick, and in need of a same day visit. The office will get you in as soon as possible.
- If you have no illnesses, but want screenings and discussion about healthy lifestyle changes, you need a preventive exam.
- If you are requesting a preventive visit, be sure that the service requested is a covered expense, and that enough time has passed since your last preventive visit (often, this is one year).
- How you will pay for services not covered by your health plan.
Required at the time of Check-In:
- Verify all Contact Information and report changes
- Present Current Copy of Insurance Card
- Present Current Picture ID if not on file
- Present payment for your co-payment/payment for that date of service if applicable, as well as pay on outstanding Balances (if applicable)